Saturday, July 10, 2010

UPS deliveries, street fairs, and head trauma

Oh what a combination THAT is huh? Yet, that all has happened within a 2 week period at this house.

At the beginning of July, our materials from k12 arrived at our home via UPS. We got our stuff, and all is well. I had to contact k12 about getting lang. arts 1 for Melissa because it wasn't in our shipment, so it came about 5 days later in another delivery (which they also picked up 3 boxes I was shipping BACK to k12 at the same time, so I really got to multi-task that day). We are all really pumped about the upcoming school year for the kids that starts in August, as well as my own school year for college starting up this month.

On the street fairs front, we went to the Granville parade for July 4th. We didn't stay for the festival, but its ok. We also watched the fireworks at the college down the street on the 3rd, which was a TOTAL let-down for us. Next year we are thinking of getting to ajoined hotel rooms in Columbus and seeing Red, White, and Boom instead. And as I type, Scott has the girls all in Johnstown at the fireman's festival. He took them up to see the parade with his mom and a bunch of cousins, and they stayed for festival food and maybe a few rides if he felt like it. I, unfortunately, had the joy of not being able to go.

Now, I know you are asking why I had to stay home from the parade and festival. Well, that one is simple. I have a concussion following a fall that resulted in my hitting my head on the wall in our bedroom on Wednesday night. I had a CT scan done on Thursday at the hospital when Scott realized at lunch break that I didn't know who he was when he called, and there is no bleeding, no contusions, no lesions, and no breaks in my skull. Just a nice bump from where I hit my head and a MASSIVE headache. And before you ask, YES it was an accident. He didn't hit me or shove me, in fact he was about 10 feet away when I fell and hit my head and he felt the floor shake when I hit the wall. I should be back to normal hopefully in a week or so, maybe sooner.

Yep, life is never dull at this house! I'm just thankful yesterday was payday so we can buy a bunch of yucky convenience foods for meals the next several days while I finish recovering since I can't be up too much at a time without getting dizzy. I swear, I am one of the most accident-prone people I know.............. The only one worse than me would be my oldest kid, that kid has it worse than I do!

But on a positive note, at least Scott is getting to spend more time with the kids when he's at home right now. See, there's a positive to every negative if you look long enough at it.

No comments: