Monday, December 29, 2008

lapbooking, hmmmmmmm

So today I've been thinking about some stuff. I'm not really happy with how our homeschooling has been going. I've tried a few different things the last couple years, and nothing really felt right. So, I think we're going to try lapbooking. A wonderful lady and fellow homeschooler at my church does lapbooking for her homeschool lessons, and I've been following her blog lately to see what all she's been doing with them since her oldest isn't too much older than my oldest girl. I really enjoy looking at the pics of the lapbooks she's done with her kids, and am inspired to do it myself here with the girls. Therefore, I don't know if we'll be starting lessons today like I thought we might last night, or if we'll take this second week off for Christmas break like we had originally planned. I'm thinking that we will take that second week off and start on Monday next week, that way I can plan out a few lapbooks and unit studies to go with them. I just don't know.............. I guess we'll see what happens. I am going to put together a simple-ish unit study and make a sample lapbook before I teach the girls so that we have a visual of a lapbook and so I have some clue what the HECK I'm doing with this idea. I expored the idea of lapbooking in the past, but have never really gotten into it because its a *crafty* looking thing and I am NOT the craafty type if you know me. Well, I like to to things like knitting and sewing, but I don't do art projects and the idea of coloring, cutting, and pasting sends a shudder through me because of the potential mess. But, I'm going to go out on a limb and do a unit study with a lapbook, and just jump right on in and see what happens with it. If it goes well, after we finish the study I may add the unit study and lapbook outline and directions to my geocities page that I keep saying that I'm going to update LOL

No comments: